There is a growing deadly epidemic in American society today: distracted driving.
Would it shock you to know that every year, over 400,000 people are injured as a result of a moving vehicle accident? And some 37,000+ are not that lucky and die as a result of an auto accident every year?
Over 2.5 million people are involved in auto accidents each year in the United States and this number is alarming, because a majority of these accidents could have been avoided, if it wasn't for distracted drivers.
One of the biggest distractions? Well, you are probably holding it in your hands right now. The mobile phone.
In the article 25 Shocking Distracted Driving Statistics, Kiernan Hopkins goes into detail with many alarming facts. Here are a few highlights
- 64% of all the road accidents in the United States have a cell phone involved in them.
- 1 out of 4 car accidents are caused by texting and driving.
- 94% of teenagers understand the consequences of texting and driving, but 35% of them admitted that they do it anyway.
- When polled, 77% of adults and 55% of teenage drivers say that they can easily manage texting while driving.
The information comes from nay sources, but the reality is the same. Distracted drivers can injure and kill innocent people.
So how can you do your part to prevent people from getting injured or killed by distracted drivers?
- First, don't be a distracted driver. Don't do it. Turn it off, or put it in the back seat. Focus on the road and the vehicles around you.
- Second, look out for distracted drivers and avoid them. It's easy to spot them, just look around, they are everywhere.
- Third, share this message and make sure your loved ones read it and share it.
If you or a loved one has been killed or injured in an auto accident in Texas as a result of a distracted driver, or even and accident involving an 18-wheeler, you have rights. And those rights need to be protected and defended. It is important that the victims of distracted driver auto accidents and 18-wheeler accidents have the best available resources to them. Make sure that you are represented by an experienced personal injury attorney that can represent you to receive the maximum amount of compensation possible for their accident injuries and / or loss of life. At The Leon Law Firm, our job is to get to the bottom of the facts and hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for their wrongdoings.