Winter Driving Safety Tips to Prevent Auto accidents
As we officially roll into the coldest months of the year, there is always the possibility of having a few freezing days in the southern half of the state of Texas. Icy rain, sleet and even snow, can be major factors contributing to injuries in auto accidents. Since we cannot predict when and where the next storms will hit Texas, we would like to share with you some basic tips on driving in ice, sleet and snow to prevent auto accidents from the AAA website.
AAA recommends the following winter driving tips:
- Avoid driving while you're fatigued. Getting the proper amount of rest before taking on winter weather tasks reduces driving risks.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Never mix radial tires with other tire types.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- If possible, avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy and snowy weather.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any slippery surface (wet, ice, sand).
- Always look and steer where you want to go.
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
For the full article, you can go here: http://exchange.aaa.com/safety/roadway-safety/winter-driving-tips/
We hope these tips will help you and your family stay safe and prevent you from getting injured in an auto accident in Texas, or wherever you may travel.
Unfortunately, tragic and life changing auto and 18-wheeler accidents happen every day under winter driving conditions. Although weather related tragic auto and 18-wheeler accidents can be caused by many factors, it is important that a full investigation is completed and the parties responsible are held accountable for the personal injuries or loss of life caused. It is important that the victims of 18-wheeler and auto accidents have the best available resources to them to make sure that they are represented by an experienced personal injury attorney that can represent them to receive the maximum amount of compensation possible for their accident injuries and / or loss of life.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a tragic or 18-wheeler weather related auto accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact The Leon Law Firm immediately for a confidential and complimentary case evaluation. If we take on your case, you do not have to pay us a single penny unless we win for you. Over the last 20 years, we have helped hundreds of accident victims get compensated for their accident injuries and we may be able to help you too. Give us a call today 281-980-4529.